Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Rasberry Cafe


A little shop
A bowl of steaming soup
And a window view of the street

Where visitors hurry by
Sidestepping muddy puddles
Collars turned to the wet and cold.

I sit and sip, blowing when needed
Sip and listen, stealing lives
Cataloging emotions.

A stray word here, there
A head comes up, a furtive look
To recant if necessary, secrets revealed.

Some seem happy
Others sad
A few going through the motions.

Of what is expected
On this stage, at this time
Where the actors, are merely human.

Bill Schatzabel – April 12, 2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this one, it reminds me of the way my mom always has to poke me to get me to stop people-watching in those cafes.
Anyway, speaking of common interests, we're going to have to go ballroom dancing sometime.